Tuesday, October 25, 2011

WEEK 2: 3, 4, 3, 6

3)  I went 3.24 miles in 31 minutes.  Average pace was 9:34.  I felt good during this run.  I stretched and warmed up a little more before heading out.  I started out strong but by the end I was definitely going slower.  The wind was blowing which made it so nice.  I wasn't as hot.  I really kept focusing on relaxing my arms.  I notice I get anxious toward the end and when I finish I'm so tired and feel I couldn't have gone any longer.  I'd like to get to the point where I finish a run and still feel like I have a lot of energy and can keep going.  It's probably more in my head. 

4)  I ran 4 miles in 40:26.  Average pace was 10:09.  I felt great today.  Was I just complaining about the heat?? Cause it's so cold today!  I think I run better in the cold though.  I didn't get that weak feeling.  I didn't lose like 7 pounds of water from sweating either :)  It was great.  I also took my time today.  I didn't go as fast as I usually do.  My hands were freezing though.  I wish I had gloves.  By the end my forearms were numb. 

3)  Didn't run.

6)  Ran 6.04 miles in 1:00:44.  Average pace was 10:04.  I felt really good during the whole run.  The weather was perfect...nice and cool.  I took it easy for the first 10-15 minutes then got going a little faster.  I never felt the need to stop and never got overwhelmed and anxious to finish.  I think I do better with the longer runs because I know I'll be out longer and will just do it.  Rather than 3-4 mi runs I think, "Oh this is so short and easy, I'll just hurry and get this done."  and then I get anxious toward the end.  I did feel like I could keep going when I finished!  Looking foward to more runs!

1 comment:

Annie said...

It's funny. Training started with you having pretty good weather and I was sweating! Now, it's going to move to me having good weather and you freezing! I don't know which is worse! I really don't like running in the cold when your ears start aching and your lungs freeze. Oh well...it doesn't matter!