For those of you who missed my earlier post, it is official, I've been accepted to PT school. Millie and I kept waiting - held out as long as we could - to hear where my choices to go would be. There has been so much uncertainty, hope and excitement this last semester as I've worked on PT applications. Family from both sides have pulled us here (Utah) and there (Arizona)... each hoping we'd end up where they want.
It hasn't been easy, or that cut and dry. First off, I really don't have much control over the admission's board at either school I was applying to (Midwestern or Rocky Mountain) and second, there's more to a decision than where family (or even myself) wants me to attend. In all honesty, both schools and both locations are very appealing to Millie and I for several reasons. I, obviously, would LOVE to get out of the cold and avoid another winter in Utah (so Midwestern, VERY appealing for that reason). Rocky Mountain (Provo) would allow me to graduate six months earlier and cost about half as much (about $65k less)... that's not including the possible scholarship I'm applying for that could cover 100% of my tuition at Rocky Mountain and save me another $65k. But, despite any reason I may have had for wanting to attend one school or another the fact remains, I got accepted to Rocky Mountain and not Midwestern.
Which brings us to our next major life decision... where to live the next three years during PT school.
With the government $8k tax incentive to buy a home and the increasing cost of renting, all decisions have been pointing towards buying a home. Build or resale? The past few weeks, since it became clear I would be attending school here in Provo, Millie and I have been fastidiously searching home listings. To make a LONG story short... we've decided to build.
This week we signed a home contract and our loan papers. Everything is moving forward. The permit should be pulled sometime late next week and building (ground work) should begin about the first (full) week of April... home should be built and we're planning to close on it end of May or the first part of June.
More details on the home (along with pictures) will come in future blog posts. For now, just know it's a Salisbury home, 2020 square feet (two story, two car garage, and a pretty big yard) in Springville, UT.
Millie and I are very excited and we look forward to making this new place our home for the next three years... yes, just three years, just until I finish school. If I get the scholarship I'm applying for I will be required to work for the company furnishing the money for a few years upon graduation and the company is located in 44 states, excluding UT... so we would definitely be moving.
For those of you AZ fans... I checked, yes the company is located in AZ... offices in Scottsdale and in Phoenix. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
we are so excited neighbors!!!
I'm excited too! Actually, pretty nervous. I'm glad Ellery will have more room to run around in. I'm going to need some help with decorating on a budget...(hint, hint, katie)
How much fun!! I'm so excited for you. Building a house is a ton of fun and a great experience! Good luck with everything, post lots of pics.
Wow. that is unexpected. Have fun with that. Should be exciting to have more room for the girls to grow up in. Now we will have a place to stay when we come up for the BYU homecoming game. Yippee!!! Have fun decorating Millie. Don't let Jacob boss you around too much. ;)
Post a Comment