Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christmas Village - Town Hall

Last Christmas my father-in-law gave me a ceramic Christmas Village house to start my own under-the-tree Christmas Village. This was never a tradition in my home growing up, but ever since the first Christmas I spent at the Roper's I've wanted to make it a tradition in MY home. Kim, my father-in-law, has a very nice village, which, like his home, has been the focus of several remodel discussions and/or projects.

I was very excited to get the ceramic house last year, and even more so excited at the fact that it was not painted. Not only did I receive my first Christmas Village house but I also had the opportunity to make it personally mine. As the years come and go, and as I add to my collection under the tree, this one will always be special to me.

This last week I FINALLY got around to painting it. I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I painted it, but I think you can imagine, it was just plain white. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I look forward to doing a few more over the years to come. No, I don't plan on painting ALL my houses, I don't have that kind of time, but I'm sure this wont be my last one either.

This year, being the first, it'll be a small village. I plan on getting a train, a train station and probably a firehouse. It's a small start but it'll grow fast enough.






3 comments:

Millie said...

awww looks good, my little artistic husband! :)

I'd like a candy shop in the village please!!

Rropermom said...

Of course Millie would want a candy shop. I love the town hall and even though it looks awesome on your blog--it looks even better in person. Way to Go!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Cool new tradition! I think you painted it very well.