Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ellery's 2nd Birthday "Party"

Friday was Ellery's 2nd birthday. Thursday night Millie and I got a bunch of balloons filled with He and decorated the living room to surprise Ellery. I don't think we got quite the reaction we wanted, partly due to the fact that she had already seen her big present a couple of days earlier (her trike)... but she did like the balloons I guess.

This year's theme: Spongebob. She's pretty much obsessed. Millie did the cake again this year, I think it turned out great! We were pressed for time and a few details were left out of the cake, but I'm not going to point them out, and I doubt many, if any, will even notice.

Two years. They went fast! I made a video/slide show from Ellery's last birthday to the present to show at the party. I made it into a DVD and forgot to export it to a compressed mpeg4 before deleting it, so now I can't upload it to the blog... maybe I'll rip it from the DVD and compress it from there, but not today.


She did SUCH a better job eating her cake this year!!!
And in the end, grandpa was all worn out!


It was a good birthday and a good year. Best wishes for the year to come punkin head!!!











2 comments:

Rropermom said...

It was a great party! Pretty exhausting for those over 50! Can't wait for the next birthday!

Millie said...

Belt... Eyelashes... Part of shirt...

oh well, it was a good party for Ellery!