Thursday, December 18, 2008

Once there was a snowman!



We had our first "real" snow on Tuesday so Millie, Ellery and I went out to make Ellery's first snowman ever! Ellery had a lot of fun and she decided she really likes to eat snow... especially the lemon flavor that the cat and dog make! (not really).



Millie had fun dressing the snowman and putting on his face... not your ordinary Frosty with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal... as you can see the mouth is bacon, the eyes are two Lindor chocolates, and the nose is a stick. Despite the improvises and deviations from the traditional, we had a good time as a family!

It's snowing again today, and we're going sledding! No, I'm not a fan of the cold and/or snow, but that doesn't mean I'm going to deprive Millie and Ellery of my company and family time because of it... they both like the snow!



Oh, one more thing, how do I have time for all this right now?... well, I'm officially done with school!!! YAY!!! Yep, as of Wednesday (yesterday) morning I am an official college grad... and just a shade under a decade. Yes, long road, but well worth it! Now I can start working on my Master's so I can get a job doing something I actually want to do! I'll blog more about that later.

4 comments:

teviawall said...

Ahhh, so cute. Almost makes me want to live where it snows so my kids can play in the snow and have fun too. We are hoping for snow when we go up for Christmas to mom and dad's.

Christina said...

I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on your degree - I know it was such a long time coming! Way to brave the snow too - the little wifey and you look so cute there with Ellery. I will not be posting snow pictures from Pine-hole as I will be huddled in front of the fire (not being as tough as the two of you are).

Bret said...

Felicidades. Come down to PHX some time soon.

Kelsey M. said...

That snow man is adorable, I love it! And congrats on finishing school Jake! Thats so exciting. One day I will be there too, one day...haha. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!